Skip to main content

My First Friend

Do you remember who your first friend was? Probably not, normally people make friends so early they don’t even remember them. So today I will share how I made my friend. I am Varun, age 16, I am not like other normal teenagers, see I am special, I can’t speak. Most of my life I have stayed in my house, my teacher has always came to my house due to which I had problem meeting people.

 

My family had already learned sign language to communicate with me but for other it is hard. Sometimes they forget that I can still hear and say something mean, most of the time I avoid them. Making friends was out of question, kinds my age can’t talk to me so they don’t even allow me to play with them. Then I started playing online games, where I met my first friend.

 

About a year ago when I was playing my online games as usual I found a person named ‘KillerBee32’, of course we meet in game but he was so good to me. Slowly we started to grow fonder of each other, we were spending hours playing online games. Even after a month we were meeting online every day to play, no one has ever spends this much time with me expect my family, I was happy.

 

After one and half months of playing online games together, he said that he wants to be friends with me outside games. That scared me, I don’t know why. I avoided that for some weeks but he started insisting so I had to give him my Facebook id. I guess I was scared that if he finds out that I can’t talk then he might not be friends with me, as he was anything close to friend I ever had.

 

He added me, very day I gave him my id, his real name was Frank. After that we were messaging outside of the game all the time. We shared every info about each other, but I never told him that I can’t speak. We started spending more time together then before. He became my first friend. Then he suggested that we should meet in person, but I never told him about my condition which might make him leave.

 

For a month I always made some reason whenever he said that we should meet, I didn’t wanted to lose my only friend. I could tell that he was irritated that I would turn him down every time he asked to meet. I had to tell him at some point about my condition, so one day I decided to tell him, no matter what his respond would be.

 

That day went by like every other day, we played for few hours and I had planned to tell him in night. It was quite late when I gathered myself and messaged him about my condition. He didn’t respond anything, now I had feeling that he might never talk with me as this has happened to me before whenever I told someone that I can’t talk they never responded back to me.

 

I couldn’t sleep all night, I checked for his reply every other minute he didn’t reply. He was online that meant he has seen it, I thought just like that I lost another so called friend. I didn’t get any sleep at all, I got off my bed at 6 and wrote Frank message that ‘it was good to know him and if he didn’t wanted to be friend anymore that was fine’ and then I deactivate my Facebook.

 

I was really sad, whenever I thought I made a friend this would happen. I hated myself for being like this. I can’t have a friend, I can’t have a normal life. Days passed I neither played game nor did I check my Facebook. My family got that something was not right, and I told my sister what happened. She said I need to get some air and we went for a walk.

 

It was after a week I got out of house, I was still thinking about all the people who left me because of my condition. I was sitting on a park about to cry, when I saw Frank. I tried to hide but it was already late, he saw me too. He was running towards me, I was confused he was supposed to act like he doesn’t know me. He came to me and hugged me, then said “it is really nice to finally meet you in person, I have looked everywhere for you.”

 

I was so confused what did he mean by he looked for me, why was he hugged. I asked my sister to translate for me, she came next to me and said to him “what are you doing here? Why did you were you looking for me? I can’t speak, you know that right?”

He turned to me and said in sign language “I am learning sign language so that I can talk to you properly” then he started talking “sorry that’s all I learned in a week. I got your messaged next day, by that time your id was deactivated and I wouldn’t get in touch with you. Why do you think of me, just because you can’t speak doesn’t mean I don’t want to be friends with you. I would be lucky to have friend with you.”

My eyes filled and I started crying, he hugged me and started crying himself. Later he explained that he knew that I lived in this neighborhood and he came every day in order to meet me and he didn’t even had my number to just call and talk to me. I was really happy to have my first friend.

 

It’s been a year and we are still friend. He has learned sign language and we have done things that I had never done before. He takes to the places where I wanted to go like club and bar. I really enjoy being around him. I have even made new friends who accepts me for who I am, I think Frank gave me confident that I needed. I have never been this happy in my life, now I am living my life.

 

THE END

 

P.S

Friend is someone who will stay by you even after knowing all your flaws, and help you overcome your fears. Today Tell your friends how much they mean to you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Too Short

This story is about a boy who falls in love with an elder girl. The boy's name is Aadesh, he is 16, fresh out of high school. He was quite a simple boy, from a medium-class family, living with his mom and dad. He was not so much an outgoing kind of a nerd but this spring he had other plans, he decided to go to the gym as he had three months till he started college. He started a gym across the city as he didn't want to be bothered while working out. But he had no idea what was waiting next. He started going to the gym on Monday, the first day of the workout made him quite tired. It was 8 in the morning when he left the gym as he started at 6 where he jogged all the way. But after the gym, he was tired and wanted to go on the bus as he was not in a condition to jog across the town. While waiting for the bus he saw a cafe right across the street. He wanted to grab a coffee and there was no sign of a bus afar, he decided to get a coffee real quick. He went to the cafe and

Inspiring: “The boy who could do it….”

  THE CHILD WHO COULD DO IT… Two children had been skating on a frozen lake all morning when, suddenly, the ice broke and one of them fell into the water.  The internal current displaced it a few meters below the frozen part, so to save it the only option was to break the layer that covered it. His friend began to shout for help, but when he saw that no one was coming he quickly looked for a stone and began to hit the ice with all his might. He hit, hit, and hit until he managed to open a crevice through which he put his arm to grab his partner and save him. A few minutes later, warned by the neighbors who had heard the cries for help, the firefighters arrived. When they were told what had happened, they kept wondering how that little boy had been able to break such a thick layer of ice. -It is impossible that with those hands he has achieved it, it is impossible, he does not have enough strength, how could he achieve it?  they commented among themselves. An old man who was in the vici

Most Common Story With TWIST

Todays’ story is about father (Louis) and daughter (Honey). After the deceased of Honey’s mother when she was 8, Louis has played both role of mother and father. He didn’t wanted to get married as Honey didn’t wanted step mother. Louis has fulfilled every wish of Honey no matter what she asks for. You can say he has spoiled her, but Honey always knew her limits as well. They were really happy with life, Louis had a restaurant which was doing well, and Honey was studying Fashion and would help Louis with restaurant whenever she had chance. They used to share everything with each other. They has always shared feelings with each other. Expect this time, Honey was hiding something, that she has a boyfriend (Eddie). Honey and Eddie has being going out for few months. They meet at friends’ party, it was love at first sight. Eddie was also in college and was doing part time job as his family was not too well to do. Honey wanted to tell her father that she has a boyfriend, but her fr