Skip to main content

Friend in need

What does friendship means, I learn it hard way. I am Salman, I was in middle school when I was mugged. I was a class topper, I had a lot of friends and I was even teacher’s favorite. But there was a boy, I was always curious about, he was polar opposite of me, he barley passed in exams, had no friends and usual would bully other. His name was Yush, despite being in same class we rarely felt each other’s presence.

 

Science week was coming soon, so we had to do a project with a partner. Everyone agreed to randomly pick partner from cheat, I got a cheat with Yush’s name. I was not going to work with him for my project, I talked with my teacher that I can’t be partner with him. When I was saying that to teacher, Yush got in room and heard me and he said he would do project alone so teacher also said okay if both of us wanted that.

 

Later on I told my friends about what happen with Yush, they told me that Yush might bully me for doing that, for a moment I was scared. Nothing happen till the end of science week so it had already left my mind. It was last day of science, it was quite late when we left the school that day. It was already dark and we were passing by the narrow road as it was shortcut.

 

It appeared empty at first look, but after some time, three boys older than us approached from behind. We didn’t recognized them so we just ignored them, but they followed us and they got in front of us and blocked our way. We asked what they wanted, one of them pointed at me and said “he stays, others can leave.”

 

My friends looked at me and at each other than just nodded to me and left me alone with those boys. I had no idea what was going on, I saw my friends disappearing in dark. I tried to leave myself but they blocked my way. One of them pushed me in the ground and pointed at my hand. I looked down and I got that they were after my camera.

 

 I was all alone lying on ground, I still couldn’t believe my friends just ditch me like that. One of them tried to pull camera from my hand but I didn’t let it go, then he punched me in face twice and took camera anyways. They took my bag and started looking for things they can take when I heard my name from behind, I turned around to look who was that, due to darkness I couldn’t put who it was.

 

That person came little closer and it was Yush, I couldn’t put together what was going on, did he send them to beat me up. I was still not sure what was going on, when Yush saw me lying in ground. He rushed and pulled me up, one of thugs told Yush to leave when Yush punched that person on face. One thing was clear at that point that Yush was on my side.

 

All three of them surrounded us, Yush told me that he will fight them and I should leave when I got chance. I just nodded my head, then he tackle one of them to ground and other two went to pull him. I took that chance like Yush said and ran from there. After one dash I looked behind and saw that Yush was getting beaten up, I couldn’t leave him alone, he was fighting for me.

 

I knew if I went there again then they would beat me too, so I started looking for help. That moment I saw two men in their early twenties and asked them for help. Then I lead them to the place where thugs were beating Yush and as soon as they saw us coming, they ran away. Yush was lying on ground, bleeding.

 

I helped him get up and gave him some water and handkerchief from my bag. He sat on ground for some time and got up, and handed me my camera. He was smiling, I still couldn’t believe that he did that for me. I thanked him and asked if he needed to go to hospital, he said he was fine. Then we went home.

 

From that day onwards, Yush and I became best friends. He was not like my so called friends, he didn’t leave me even though we were not that close and I disrespected him before. If he was not there that day I don’t know what would happen to me. I thanked him every day and even helped him with his study and he got pretty good grands. Till this day we are best friends and I can’t thank him enough.

 

THE END

 

P.S

Most unexpected person can sometimes help you in need when others leave you alone, treat everyone with respect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Too Short

This story is about a boy who falls in love with an elder girl. The boy's name is Aadesh, he is 16, fresh out of high school. He was quite a simple boy, from a medium-class family, living with his mom and dad. He was not so much an outgoing kind of a nerd but this spring he had other plans, he decided to go to the gym as he had three months till he started college. He started a gym across the city as he didn't want to be bothered while working out. But he had no idea what was waiting next. He started going to the gym on Monday, the first day of the workout made him quite tired. It was 8 in the morning when he left the gym as he started at 6 where he jogged all the way. But after the gym, he was tired and wanted to go on the bus as he was not in a condition to jog across the town. While waiting for the bus he saw a cafe right across the street. He wanted to grab a coffee and there was no sign of a bus afar, he decided to get a coffee real quick. He went to the cafe and

Inspiring: “The boy who could do it….”

  THE CHILD WHO COULD DO IT… Two children had been skating on a frozen lake all morning when, suddenly, the ice broke and one of them fell into the water.  The internal current displaced it a few meters below the frozen part, so to save it the only option was to break the layer that covered it. His friend began to shout for help, but when he saw that no one was coming he quickly looked for a stone and began to hit the ice with all his might. He hit, hit, and hit until he managed to open a crevice through which he put his arm to grab his partner and save him. A few minutes later, warned by the neighbors who had heard the cries for help, the firefighters arrived. When they were told what had happened, they kept wondering how that little boy had been able to break such a thick layer of ice. -It is impossible that with those hands he has achieved it, it is impossible, he does not have enough strength, how could he achieve it?  they commented among themselves. An old man who was in the vici

Most Common Story With TWIST

Todays’ story is about father (Louis) and daughter (Honey). After the deceased of Honey’s mother when she was 8, Louis has played both role of mother and father. He didn’t wanted to get married as Honey didn’t wanted step mother. Louis has fulfilled every wish of Honey no matter what she asks for. You can say he has spoiled her, but Honey always knew her limits as well. They were really happy with life, Louis had a restaurant which was doing well, and Honey was studying Fashion and would help Louis with restaurant whenever she had chance. They used to share everything with each other. They has always shared feelings with each other. Expect this time, Honey was hiding something, that she has a boyfriend (Eddie). Honey and Eddie has being going out for few months. They meet at friends’ party, it was love at first sight. Eddie was also in college and was doing part time job as his family was not too well to do. Honey wanted to tell her father that she has a boyfriend, but her fr