Skip to main content

Sometime Wish Comes True


I might never forget that night in this life. It has been 5 years, still I remember it like it was yesterday. I didn’t wanted things to turn like this. I am Priya and this is my story which turned my life forever. It was monsoon evening 5 years ago, I was 25 at that time. I was in a relationship for almost 6 years at that time with my high school sweet heart ‘Dev’.

 

Everyone thought we were made for each other, they might have been true as we would complete each other. But it was not high school romance anymore, we were in real world and things were rather not same as before. We both finished our college and started working, we did make time to see each other but I felt like we were growing apart over time.

 

I felt like I was missing something in life, well it might because either I was at work or with Dev. I don’t know if Dev felt that way or not but even if he did he would not complain, that’s classic Dev, he is never got angry, he never complained about things. I guess I just wanted break from all that and I got my chance when I got job offer from another city.

 

It was one week to our 6 years anniversary, I had not yet told Dev that I had accepted job in another city. We had plan for dinner and I thought that was good time to break the news to Dev. It was just like every other time, he picked me up from my house after work and we drove to restaurant.

 

Even though it started like every time, there was something different that day. I was getting irritated about everything like Dev not drinking because he has to drive. I was like loosen up a little, take a taxi and have fun for a day. But nothing was different, it was like routine to go different restaurant every weekend and I was getting pissed every passing second.

 

I guess Dev knew I was acting different but he didn’t say anything. I had 2 extra glass of wine than usual. It was already past 9 when we got out of restaurant. When we got out of the restaurant it was raining, Dev said he would get car and ran towards parking lot leaving me in front of restaurant.

 

After few minutes, I saw group of girls about my age. They were probably going to party, they were all drunk and were socking in rain. They didn’t care what was going on, they didn’t had to be with their boyfriend, and they could just enjoy themselves till they pass out. I wanted to be like them, carefree, but I couldn’t be like them till I was with Dev. He is always around and even if I went to another city it wouldn’t make much difference, just that I meet him here in person and there I would be with him over phone.

 

Dev came with car, I opened the door and sat down. I was really angry by that time maybe because I couldn’t have life like those girls, and I still had to tell Dev about new job. It was rather quite ride that day, it was still 5 minutes ride to reach my house. I don’t know what got to me I shouted “stop the car”

Dev was surprised as I shouted. He looked at me and said “what?”

“I have something to tell you. Stop the car.” I said lowering my voice.

“We are about to reach your house, we can talk there” he said.

“No, stop the car here, we have to talk now” I said. I just got angry, don’t know why.

He stopped the car in the side of road, as road was empty late that time and because of rain. He said in soft voice “yes, what can’t even wait five minutes?”

“I got job in another city and I accepted that job.” I said

“Well that’s it, no problem I can come over there for weekend and we will talk every day.” he said and reached for keys to start the car. That made me angrier, it is always predicable with him.

I hold his hand preventing him from starting car and said “I can’t do this anymore, I want break from us, I want to break up with you.” For a second he looked puzzled but next moment he was laughing. He thought I was joking with him.

 

He laughed for couple of minutes, I didn’t say anything either. Then he took note pad from front drawer of car and wrote something. He folded the paper and gave it to me and said “when I leave you, read this, don’t see it before that.”

I had no idea what he wrote but I was not done talking “see, really I just want to be alone. I really want to leave you……” I stopped mid-sentence when I saw a truck coming towards us in high speed, before I knew it. BOOM.

 

I wake up in the hospital somewhat 2 hours after accident, nurse came to me and said I was just knocked out and I was fine. I looked around for Dev, I tried to ask nurse about him but she left before I could. I still had note Dev gave me in my hand. I opened it and note said

I wish the moment you decided to leave me I died. I love you that much and don’t want to be without you.

After reading that my eye filled with tears, I rushed out of room and looked around for Dev. I heard someone saying, died body from car accident was in corner of the room. I ran towards corner, there was a stretcher with body which face was covered. I was just hoping it was not Dev. But IT WAS DEV. I was devastated to see that, I couldn’t hold back and broke down in tears.

 

It been 5 years, I have been in couple of relationship nothing compares to what Dev and I had. I guess his wish really came true, the moment I thought about leaving him he left me forever. I miss him now more than ever.

 

THE END

 

P.S

You don’t know value of people until they leave you forever, so treasure who you have now, tomorrow they might be memory forever.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Too Short

This story is about a boy who falls in love with an elder girl. The boy's name is Aadesh, he is 16, fresh out of high school. He was quite a simple boy, from a medium-class family, living with his mom and dad. He was not so much an outgoing kind of a nerd but this spring he had other plans, he decided to go to the gym as he had three months till he started college. He started a gym across the city as he didn't want to be bothered while working out. But he had no idea what was waiting next. He started going to the gym on Monday, the first day of the workout made him quite tired. It was 8 in the morning when he left the gym as he started at 6 where he jogged all the way. But after the gym, he was tired and wanted to go on the bus as he was not in a condition to jog across the town. While waiting for the bus he saw a cafe right across the street. He wanted to grab a coffee and there was no sign of a bus afar, he decided to get a coffee real quick. He went to the cafe and

Inspiring: “The boy who could do it….”

  THE CHILD WHO COULD DO IT… Two children had been skating on a frozen lake all morning when, suddenly, the ice broke and one of them fell into the water.  The internal current displaced it a few meters below the frozen part, so to save it the only option was to break the layer that covered it. His friend began to shout for help, but when he saw that no one was coming he quickly looked for a stone and began to hit the ice with all his might. He hit, hit, and hit until he managed to open a crevice through which he put his arm to grab his partner and save him. A few minutes later, warned by the neighbors who had heard the cries for help, the firefighters arrived. When they were told what had happened, they kept wondering how that little boy had been able to break such a thick layer of ice. -It is impossible that with those hands he has achieved it, it is impossible, he does not have enough strength, how could he achieve it?  they commented among themselves. An old man who was in the vici

Most Common Story With TWIST

Todays’ story is about father (Louis) and daughter (Honey). After the deceased of Honey’s mother when she was 8, Louis has played both role of mother and father. He didn’t wanted to get married as Honey didn’t wanted step mother. Louis has fulfilled every wish of Honey no matter what she asks for. You can say he has spoiled her, but Honey always knew her limits as well. They were really happy with life, Louis had a restaurant which was doing well, and Honey was studying Fashion and would help Louis with restaurant whenever she had chance. They used to share everything with each other. They has always shared feelings with each other. Expect this time, Honey was hiding something, that she has a boyfriend (Eddie). Honey and Eddie has being going out for few months. They meet at friends’ party, it was love at first sight. Eddie was also in college and was doing part time job as his family was not too well to do. Honey wanted to tell her father that she has a boyfriend, but her fr